I made these recently to go with some steamed seafood and a big salad.. I was craving some comfort food but wanting to stay low-carb, and these were cheesy goodness! You can easily make these a main dish by adding meat and veggies at the end.
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic, Cheese and Fresh Herbs
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 5 minced garlic cloves or 1TB garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube crumbled or 1 TB of “Better than Buillion)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Four-Cheese Italian Cheese Blend I really like shredding up a combination of mozzarella, Gruyère, and Parmesan cheeses, but use whatever you have!
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh ground pepper
- Parsley chives or green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Grab your spaghetti squash and cut off the tip and tail. (See notes below on softening it to make it easier to cut) Cut in half length-wise and use a spoon and your hands to remove the seeds. Place both halves on a baking sheet face up. Top with fresh cracked pepper.
- In a bowl, combine cream and garlic with 1/2 cup water, crumbled bouillon cube, chives, and fresh thyme. Mix well. Sprinkle a first layer of grated cheese over each squash half. Divide the cream mixture on top of cheese on each, then top with additional cheese.
- Roast in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the flesh of the spaghetti squash is very tender when poked with a fork. Remove from oven and serve immediately. You can remove the squash to a bowl or plate by scraping with a fork, or just eat straight from the squash skin.
P.S. Meal planning not your thing? Join Plan To Eat...it may just change your mind! It’s the simple online recipe organizer, meal planner and grocery list creator that I use and it’s been a game-changer. I can even share all my 300 recipes with you- just shoot me an email after you’ve joined or “friend me” on the app!