This is literally the only time in my life that I use cream of chicken soup, but it works great as a binder. This is pure comfort food and the addition of tarragon takes the easy recipe up a notch.
I cannot count the times I have made this and taken this pot pie and a salad to someone who needed a meal. I usually have one in my freezer because they are easy to whip up after grocery shopping during meal prep and then pop in the freezer after it’s baked.
Chicken Pot Pie with Tarragon
- Refrigerated pie crust box of two
- Large can cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion
- Package of mixed frozen vegetables of choice 12-16 oz I like green beans, carrots, peas, and lima bean combination
- 2 TB butter or olive oil
- 2 carrots: chopped
- 2 stalks of celery: chopped
- 1 onion: chopped
- 3 chicken breasts: roasted and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TB of fresh or dried tarragon
- Other herbs of choice: thyme oregano
- Place one pie crust into pie pan and poke with a fork in several places. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, remove. Meanwhile, sauté carrots, celery, onion in butter or olive oil until soft. Add garlic the last few minutes. (You can use whatever veggies you have around to saute’!). Mix together veggies, frozen vegetables, cooked chicken, tarragon and fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. Scoop into pie crust and even out then top with 2nd pie crust, pinching around the edges. Poke a few holes in the top of the crust and brush with egg white. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbling. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
P.S. Meal planning not your thing? Join Plan To Eat...it may just change your mind! It’s the simple online recipe organizer, meal planner and grocery list creator that I use and it’s been a game-changer. I can even share all my 300 recipes with you- just shoot me an email after you’ve joined or “friend me” on the app!