Heirloom tomatoes and peaches are in season, oh my!
I got this recipe from my friend Nancy and it’s so amazing I had to share it with you.I don’t know what to call this dish. What I do know is that it tastes like everything good about summer and it nearly makes me cry. I serve this as a side dish but I think it would also be great on top of chicken or fish. Heck, you could scoop it up with tortilla chips if you felt like it.
The combination is gonna sound weird but I PROMISE this is amazing. Also, do not, under any circumstances use any other tomatoes.
Heirloom Tomato and Peach Salad
- 6 medium peaches peeled
- 4 heirloom tomatoes cut into cubes
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup pecan halves toasted
- ½ cup torn basil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup light olive oil don’t use extra virgin- the taste is too strong for this…
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cut up the tomatoes, peaches, and red onion.
- Tear the fresh basil. Mix all this goodness up.
- Add the pecans and feta cheese.
- Whisk up dressing ingredients: vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey.
- And add a little at a time. (You may not need all the dressing depending on the juice from the fruit...add as much as needed.) Serve immediately.
HEIRLOOM is what you need here, people. And good ones. And the best peaches. This makes a bunch. Cut the recipe in half if needed.
P.S. Meal planning not your thing? Join Plan To Eat...it may just change your mind! It’s the simple online recipe organizer, meal planner and grocery list creator that I use and it’s been a game-changer. I can even share all my 300 recipes with you- just shoot me an email after you’ve joined or “friend me” on the app!