I was able to spend the last couple of days with my mom.. After a leg injury that literally kept her down for a couple of months she is back in the kitchen creating all her magic. Mom made this Meyers Lemon Chicken while we were there and I knew I wanted to share it with you. Simple, beautiful presentation, and delicious.
If you’re not familiar with Meyer Lemons they are a cross between a lemon and a tangerine. You could use regular lemons, but the Meyer Lemons make this have a sweeter citrus taste. This dish is great served with roasted or grilled veggies.
Meyer Lemon Chicken
- Whole chicken butterflied and laid flat
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 Meyer lemons
- ½ cup olive oil
- In a small bowl mix up the juice from 2 of the Meyer lemons. Zest them both and add that as well.
- Add dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, rosemary and olive oil.
- Place the whole chicken on a large baking sheet.
- Dump the marinade over the chicken and coat the whole thing with your hands.
- Let it rest at room temperature for one hour before baking.
- Place the chicken on the grill with indirect heat (grill temp should start around 350 degrees. Cook for 30 minutes then flip over.
- Removed from the grill when the internal temp reaches 165 degrees, let rest for 10 minutes. While the chicken is resting, cut the remaining 2 Meyer lemons in half and place cut side down on the grill. Remove after 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on a big platter and garnish with the extra lemons. Squeeze lemons over the chicken before taking your first delicious bite.
P.S. Meal planning not your thing? Join Plan To Eat...it may just change your mind! It’s the simple online recipe organizer, meal planner and grocery list creator that I use and it’s been a game-changer. I can even share all my 300 recipes with you- just shoot me an email after you’ve joined or “friend me” on the app!