What day can’t be made better with guacamole?? In my humble opinion we have jacked up guacamole too much. It doesn’t need all the spices. Simple is best. This recipe is one I first remember making when I hosted my husband’s parents for the first time WHILE WE WERE DATING. Ugh, ok 26 or 27 years ago. I made fajitas which are still family staple, even today. Grill up chicken and a mess of onions then put everything on the counter and let folks make their own.
So fajitas it was this weekend when my college girl was home. This guac is simple and amazing. I take a trough of it to parties on a regular basis and bring home an empty dish. Every. Single. Time. And it’s so easy.
Simply Fresh Guacamole:
- 5 avocados
- 1 medium sweet or vidalia onion
- 2 to matoes medium or 4-5 roma tomatoes
- ½ t salt
- ½ t pepper
- juice from ½ lime
- Peel avocados and slice in large chunks into a bowl. Mash with a potato masher. (I like to leave some chunks...completely your preference)
- Add 1 medium diced onion. Stir.
- Dice up tomatoes and drain on paper towels, squeezing out the moisture. (You don’t need all the seeds and water) Mix in.
- Add salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- That’s it! Spread it on tortillas for your fajitas or use as dip with chips or veggies.
P.S. Meal planning not your thing? Join Plan To Eat...it may just change your mind! It’s the simple online recipe organizer, meal planner and grocery list creator that I use and it’s been a game-changer. I can even share all my 300 recipes with you- just shoot me an email after you’ve joined or “friend me” on the app!