Nothing says summer like a great chicken salad. But honesty, I make this all year round.
I think I discovered this recipe at the grocery story maybe 15 years ago. You know those little stands that have samples? Yep, this one was there because they had mandarin oranges and chicken on sale. I ate it with a tiny spoon. I’ve made it my own over the years and there is a 99% chance that if I invite you for lunch I will make this number. We had all of our family over today and even 95-year old Opa who has had this a dozen times liked it again. It tastes so fresh and is perfect for a light spring or summer lunch/ brunch/ dinner. We love fresh fruit with this.
Our Favorite Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts
- Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- 1 14 oz can of mandarin oranges
- 1 bunch of parsley
- ½ cup good mayo
- ½ cup cashews
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Croissants or rolls
- Cook the chicken breasts. I do mine in a cast iron skillet, browning on both sides after seasoning with TJ’s Everyday Seasoning and then cooking through. You can boil the chicken breasts or bake with olive oil and seasonings..whatever floats your boat. Rotisserie chicken from the grocery store works great, too.
- Dice the chicken and put in a large bowl.
- Add the mayo and about ¼ cup chopped parsley, salt and pepper. You may need more mayo but you don’t want it to dominate the whole thing so be careful.
- When you are ready to serve, fold in the mandarin oranges (drained) and cashews.
P.S. Meal planning not your thing? Join Plan To Eat...it may just change your mind! It’s the simple online recipe organizer, meal planner and grocery list creator that I use and it’s been a game-changer. I can even share all my 300 recipes with you- just shoot me an email after you’ve joined or “friend me” on the app!